Thursday, April 22, 2010

Hi, you busy right now?

Ya know, sometimes, life would be easier if people just did what they said they would do when they said they would do it.
This would involve WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY less chasing of people on my part.

My kids? That freaking bag from music class is still sitting by the back door. I asked E to move it on Saturday. This morning, I asked him, "How many days ago did I ask you to move this?"
"Six. But at least I can do the math."

Small consolation.

The plumber? WEEKS ago, we had the flood. We have been waiting in this post-diluvian morass all this time. The boys have been sharing my shower (they leave washcloths and towels all over the place. EW) and I am ready for the little hatchlings to go back to their own nest. Finally, the plumber calls Tuesday night at 4:30: "Can we come in tomorrow at 8 and install the part for your shower? The water will be off for a couple of hours."

Yeah, sure. Who needs water in the mornings?

The pool guy? New vinyl liner for the pool was ordered in February. He said they'd be getting to me after one other liner installation. I said, ok, since you'll be here so soon, why don't you just skip cleaning it? (I was thinking I didn't want to pay for fresh chemicals to be poured down the drain. Literally.)

YESTERDAY, the pool guy shows up to drain the now-swamp of my pool. It smelled like dead fish.
Seriously.

And inevitably, "Ma'am. You know that the bottom of this pool is cracked from roots? We're going to have to pull these up and re-concrete the floor of the pool."

So, we went from a 2 day, fixed-cost project to a pit into which we throw money.
Literally.

The yard guy? Oh, my very nice, honest, hard-working yard guy. He's supposed to be fixing the fence in the yard, spreading out some mulch, pruning the appropriate shrubs, mowing and feeding the grass, and planting some pots for me. I don't know if it is a bender this time, or if he's overworked, or what.

I WANT MY YARD CLEANED UP.

So, if you see my yard guy, the carpenter, the UPS dude, any representative from Pottery Barn, the drywall guy, or anybody else who you think might be able to help out over here, please a) ask them to get ON IT. and b) say 'please.'

For my sake. For my sanity. For the health of my marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment