Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Going back for more

Some people say the definition crazy is to repeat the same activity, expecting a different outcome. Maybe. I dunno. But if not crazy, then it as least, rather dumb.
And yet.
In July, the family will be heading out to Southern California for 10 days. Southern Cal never changes, so it's not exactly a favorite tourism spot for us, it does have the benefit of family. And FAMILY = BABYSITTERS. They're like fresh recruits. New blood.
M and I had entertained the ideas of going to Vegas for a couple of days sans kids from there, or to San Diego for a baseball game and an overnight break, we decided, in the end, to TAKE THEM WITH US.
So, now we are going overnight to San Diego with the kids. In a hotel room. Walking distance from the stadium. The night before we travel home.
As M is booking the room last night, I am thinking that we are completely nuts. Off our rockers. Are memories so short that we don't remember the acute pain and suffering of the last trip? Are we gluttons for punishment?
I have spent this morning surfing around for a nice getaway for the two of us. Maybe Santa Barbara or Cabo San Lucas? Maybe we'll revisit the Vegas issue. But, I can't just lie down and be mowed over by kids on the rampage in San Diego, can I?
I have 'sucker' tattooed on my forehead, don't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment