Monday, February 9, 2009

Perfunctory Monday Post

I haven't needed a Monday so badly in quite some time. The full moon, the change in weather--I don't know. My children were INSANE this weekend.
Sometimes, M and I plan the weekends out: we search out and book outings to museums or whatever, we anticipate where and when we will eat meals...it's like an all inclusive resort if you're my kids.
Happy Saturday, I'm your cruise director, Mom. Today, we are starting with a choose your own breakfast buffet extravaganza! Sugary cereals! Waffles! Cinnamon rolls! We have it all! Following breakfast, we will be departing for our port adventure! That's right, a full day of excitement at the Pirate Museum exhibit, followed by a fresh air getaway at the park, we will conclude our in port adventure today with a lunch in a box at your favorite fast food restaurant and Ebola Playplace! After your delicious lunch, stay homeside for your choice of board games, stories, puzzles, computer time, or whatever your little heart desires! After all, we live to serve you! After our free time this afternoon, we will be serving the only home made food you eat--yummy crust chorken! Delicious! We will be wrapping that up with chocolate ice cream, bed time stories and lots of cuddles! Another fun-filled day aboard the fun-house Mommy and Daddy! 1-2-3 WOOHOO! Tomorrow, more of the same!
But this Saturday and Sunday were a little less organized. We went to Lowe's, we puttered around the house, dad had work to do, we had a few household chores to do, a little here, a little there.
The kids FREAKED out. They whined, they did the boneless-kid flop in the restaurant, they cried, they complained, they fought, they stole each others' stuff, they fought, they didn't cooperate or follow directions, they fought. Not to say that they don't always behave well when we have activities for them, but wouldn't it be a reasonable hope that they could just behave like humans on the days that don't happen to revolve around them? Is that too much to hope? Yesterday, despite all planned determination to the contrary, I totally lost it. I finally yelled at dinner, bathed them, and sent them to bed.
Bitter me is going to use my remaining hour to do something fun for myself. Like laundry.

2 comments:

  1. yeah, definitely the full moon. my kids were horrid as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, does it count for today. The full moon thing. I had evil child this morning. Woke up happy but quickly turned into an evil girl monster. Complete with I hate this, that and you.

    ReplyDelete