Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Weather Day Rules

Unexpected days home are even worse than weekend. First, kids expect everything to be a giant amusement park. I should relax all rules, guidelines and expectations. Second, I have no plans for them. I was taken off guard, don't want them here, and can't send them outside. Even if it has completely stopped raining, I think it is poor form to allow children to play outside if school has been canceled due to weather.
In fact, the rules are more stringent on unexpected days off: I am adopting a punish first, ask questions second policy.
There will be no:
bickering
poking
pestering
bothering
whining
wrestling
fighting
needling
throwing
running
arguing
disobeying
disrupting
sassing
ignoring
touching
groping
yelling
skipping
screaming
being uncooperative
confronting
debating
OR
in any other way annoying me today.

Any infractions will result in death.
Immediately.