Friday, June 12, 2009

Don't invest in a car -or blog- made on Friday

Once, M had a student who failed to turn in an assignment for his class. When he asked her about it, she said only, "I'm just not feelin' it, Dr. P."
Today, I echo her sentiment. I was not feelin' it when S came into my room at 5:30. I was not feelin' it when I sat outside for half an hour waiting for Clooney to poop. I am not feelin' it now, as I struggle to find some creative impulse that is active this morning.
Today, I am looking forward to yet another day in and by the pool, begging my children to entertain one another, and praying that the mosquitoes do not suck the blood completely out of me.
I feel that I am shirking my responsibility to synthesize my life experience into a short, entertaining essay each day; but I'm just NOT FEELIN' IT.
It's hot. I'm still groggy. I'm cranky. My mother told me that if I didn't have anything nice to say, not to say anything at all.
Mum.

No comments:

Post a Comment