Friday, August 21, 2009

Dog Look Alikes

M and I watched a movie called I Love You, Man starring Paul Rudd and Jason Segel in which Segel's character had a dog named Anwar after Anwar Sadat, President of Egypt.
I have decided that if we as a society are now likening our pets to heads of state, Clooney is most like Kim Jong Il of North Korea.
Quite the comparison, yes?
First off, he is short. (Obviously.) And has lunatic hair. (Obviously) And he is the tyrant of our slightly battered and misunderstood nation. First, I am starving (well, dieting, but still very very hungry) like most of North Korea. Like the N. Korean leader, Clooney runs all his nefarious activities underground (well, on the rug where they're pretty hard to spot at first). He is a tyrant, too: very loudly making his claims from his little cage as though he rules the universe.
But then there's this issue with hostages and prisoners and whatnot. Just as North Korea wanted to be taken seriously by the West, and only released his journalist prisoners to the high-profile President Clinton, Clooney demands to be taken seriously and refuses to poop for anyone but M or me. When E takes him out, Clooney refuses to negotiate, and sits in the yard refusing to conduct any, uh, business.
It is precisely this stubbornness in the face of reason, this refusal to break down barriers and open the yard to all members of this household that merits the comparison.
And though I usually shy away from labels, I currently would put Clooney on the Axis of Evil list. He is spite pooping in the house, and barking constantly ALL NIGHT LONG since we have kicked him out of the bedroom. Nothing burns through my patience like chronic noise.
So, all in all a comparison between Clooney and Jong Il may not be as flattering as a half pug's resemblance to Anwar Sadat, and yet, I have all the makings of a well-armed lunatic burning in the heart of my half shih-tzu.

No comments:

Post a Comment