Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Everything's coming up Julie

(Hallelujah chorus plays in background)
School has started! School has started! Scho-oo-ool has started. Of course, E has developed a life threatening case of coincidental ear ache. So, I am rushing him to the doctor (tomorrow). I am giddy. Beyond giddy. I am thrilled. The prospect of carpool lane is glorious. Who cares about the stupid half hour wait? Small price to pay for an entire morning of sweet freedom. I find myself singing for no reason--then I remember--E's at school and I am singing!
LALALALALA
School for S doesn't start until next week, but he's pretty happy to be by himself for a little while.
Everything is starting to come up Julie again. The house is returning to some sense of normalcy. All I have to do in the bathroom is patch the ceiling and paint it. (Seems small after everything else I've been through...did I mention I found f'in wallpaper on the ceiling? I cried.) I should also seal the grout, but I bought the aerosol kind that takes 2 minutes. The house no longer reeks of some polluting adhesive, I no longer have to balance precariously in the kids' bathtub to shave, and there will be a mirror to style my hair in by Saturday. The cabinet refacer dude is going to come and take my cabinet doors away and refinish them, and all will be well with the world, my bathroom will be all new, and I will be able to go potty in the middle of the night, without having to navigate the obstacle course of Hot Wheels in the hallway.
I am bursting with happiness.
The next time I decide to do a project, somebody, PLEASE stop me. One of you kind readers stop by my house and slap me. No more projects. Although I WAS thinking that the kids' bathroom could use a little updating....
LALALALALALALA
My manicure no longer has grout around the cuticles. My toes no longer have mastik stuck to them. My bed no longer has the crusty dusty crap from the floor in it. My housekeeper is here, and in this glorious post-renovation hell, looks like Jesus.
LALALALALALALA
All my paperwork for crap is done and filed away. All my back to school shopping is done. I have decided to go to a personal trainer 2 days a week once S starts school so that I can work on getting skinny again, so I can feel good about myself. I am going to cook at home more, eat out less, and be healthier for all of us.
LALALALALALALA
My car is cleaned out, vacuumed, and emptied of all swatches, samples, and testers. All summer crap is out of it, and it is filled with story books and entertainment for whichever brother has to sit and wait for the other to finish some activity. We have started soccer for S, E's soccer starts in a month, every one is signed up for music, and I have a new book on my Kindle to amuse me.
LALALALALALALA
The dog is getting groomed this week, and has successfully transitioned out of my bed at night into his kennel. No licking, smacking, scratching, walking, whimpering, snoring canine in my bed!
LALALALALALA
Now, I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. Is Ana going to scream up the Gulf and level my house? Probably.
Oh, well. I'm singing today. Maybe in the rain tomorrow.....
LALALALALA

No comments:

Post a Comment