Saturday, February 4, 2012

Fame and Fortune

I got my first, I think, random comment on Cinnamon last night. 

Sometimes "Anonymous" leaves notes, but I am pretty sure it's some one I know who either can't or doesn't want to log in to comment.  Which is fine.

But last night, I got a comment regarding my bourbon post.  OOOOh, and it was ugly.  And either came from Ireland, or had a typo:

"I was looking for a remedy for me cold, but I found the diary of an alcoholic."

Oh, SNAP!  You went there.

To be fair, that entry might SOUND like an alcoholic's, but we all know that I can't commit the whole way. The addiction spectrum covers a bunch of issues, I believe, ranging from the obvious drug and alcohol to the famous sex and encompasses food, gambling, and other 'vices' of which a person is compelled to overindulge.

 I simply do not have the personality for addiction.  I know this, because I tried to be anorexic, and that didn't work AT ALL.  Before all my psych friends leave more comments,  I do know that anorexia is not a non-addiction to food.  But my point is that I'm not prone to, shall we euphemize, over-enthusiasm.  If the bourbon were on a high shelf, I wouldn't stretch to reach it.  If I were out, I would not go out in the dark to a scary package store to get some. 

I just want Anonymous to know that I appreciate his/her concern, but am pretty sure I'm okay.  I over serve myself sometimes, but not that often.  Besides, the medication I take for all my other, REAL issues has decided to interact with alcohol after all these years.  After 2 drinks, I grow intolerably sleepy.  Not pass out-sleepy, mind you.  Like holy crap, I hafta sleep right now sleepy.  Like, who slipped me the drugs sleepy.  Like, I'm feelin' good and social, and we should do thizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

So, dear Anonymous, thanks for your heartfelt words.  I do hope you found some comforting online remedies for your cold.  I do hope you know, however, that none of those is as effective as bourbon.

1 comment:

  1. My kid must be an alcoholic also because I've been known to give her bourbon when sick. And if that's the case, I may need to seek help. But for now I'm just gunna deal because I can't afford a shrink AND beer! In other words, I hear ya!! ;)

    ReplyDelete