Saturday, February 25, 2012

What are Kids DOING These Days?

I just got around to watching the most recent episode of Saturday Night Live.  Which, truthfully, has sucked of late.  The most recent episode featuring Maya Rudolph, Justin Timberlake and Amy Pohler, was really funny, though.  I'm really going to miss Rudolph's Whitney Houston impression, though.

The musical guest, Sleigh Bells, has me a bit baffled however.  And, coming on the heels of some strange performances, including the weird Lana del Rey appearance, I'm beginning to think that the musical performances are actually SNL bits.

Perhaps Stefon, of Weekend Update, is picking the musical guests:

"Tonight's guests, PHRISBIE, is the hottest new Swedish rock duo on the New York scene.  (Snicker, cover face)  They're discorockretrosynth and all the rage at underground midget raves.  They perform only on stages made entirely of chocolate and wear vegan clothing that is biodegradable.  (Snicker, cover face)  Their biggest hit is "I Want to be a Panda Inside Your Brain" is going viral in the Reno club scene."

I suppose the oddness of the band directly correlates with my age.  Sigh.  Who knew that getting old meant I yearned for such ordinary bands as Neon Trees and Fleet Foxes? 

No comments:

Post a Comment