Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Crazy is as crazy does


My boys were anxious about finding jellyfish in the Gulf again this year. Last year, the population of jellyfish was out of control, and there were at least 4 or 5 within reach everywhere in the water. This year, thankfully, there were none of the pesky critters (although of course this year, I bought divers' jellyfish repellent.)

Nonetheless, my children are inclined to the melodramatic, and require something to complain about. E was in the water, insisting that something was attacking him, and the ensuing conversation boasts some of the most apt dialog for my family ever:


E: Something is stinging me! It's jelly fish, I know it.

M: There are no jellyfish. I think it's time to explain to you what psychosomatic means.

J: Don't bother. I explained it to him yesterday.


That my children would experience psychosomatic ailments, that we would explain said condition to my 7 year old, and that we would attempt to explain it TWICE says a great deal about this family.
I'm feeling especially proud at this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment