Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Passive Aggression to the Rescue!

Of my many flaws (and, oh, there are many) one is passive aggression. Sometimes I enjoy my misbehavior: a couple of days ago, I stopped in at TJ MAXX for a few minutes on my way to pick up the kids from camp. I wasn't late--camp doesn't consider you late until 7:30--but I was later than usual. I was there at twenty minutes past two, two being my usual pick up time.
Sometimes my behavior totally backfires: M calls me out on it and accuses me of sabotage all the time. (It's happened.) And despite my best efforts to put something off, I wind up undressed at the disputed occasion and highly embarrassed. And sometimes, it simply pays off. While I was originally very enthusiastic about having a swim date for E's outgoing Kindergarten class, I have grown lukewarm since the original planning date. This morning, I am outright unenthusiastic. So, today this disorder (?) character flaw (?) is going to help me out. I am not going to clean my house. I am not going to pressure wash the pool deck. I am not going to garden before hand. I am going to make the cake, provide drinks as promised. I am going to make sure my pool and yard are clean, and have as much shade as I can provide. I have activities so my pool is not a crazy free for all.
By the way, I cannot finish this post because S is throwing a full fledged temper tantrum because we cannot BOTH have a party today AND go to the movies. Off to a tremendous start.
I will have fun. I will have fun. I will have fun. I will have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment