Wednesday, October 15, 2008

It's Like Being Tied to an Anthill

Darned Jewish Holidays. It's Sukkot, and S is out of school AGAIN. The director assures me that next year all the Holy Days fall on weekends, and man, am I relieved. This sucks. He's been out it seems at least one day every week since September.

Today, we are building Go, Diego, Go! a tree house. Hooray! Unfortunately, S has lost 40% of the blocks to his Go, Diego, Go! tree house set. So, we have 60% of a tree house. We will have to do something else later. I'm kind of sick of Halloween crafts, and yet....S is not.
Clooney is at the groomer. I don't have to worry about him skulking off and potty-ing in the house. He spent the night at a friend's house this weekend and tried to mate with her dog the entire time. MT described her dog, Remy's, futile attempts to flee the amorous grip of Clooney. She said Clooney would chase Remy, long hair flying in the wind. I have a visual image of Fabio/Clooney trying to mount her little Papillon mutt. Clooney might get the snip soon.
Currently, I am being driven mad by a series of fire ant bites on my feet. They alternate between psychotic itchiness and painful painfulness. Some one said I should pop the blister that forms over the bite to let the venom out. So far, that has augmented the painfulness, and only diminished the itchiness slightly. And now, my feet and toes look like weeping hamburger meat. Here is one foot:




Ew. And ow. Stupid fire ants. I also have bites on the bottom of my feet. It's agony. I can't believe they tied people to poles in fire ant hills in the Wild West. It makes waterboarding look like surfing. (Nice pedicure, though, don'tcha think?)

Hooray! We got new windows in the whole house! Yesterday, a crew came and installed 24 windows, carted away the old, and cleaned up in 10 hours. Amazing. Exciting for me, though. Maybe the toxins from my ant bites are making me loopy.
I am looking forward to sleeping at night without the A/C on. And being able to open the windows without every mosquito in the state getting into my house. Our old windows had no screens, and in fact, many had permanent storm windows in front of them that rendered them inoperable. Today, I am going to wash all my windows and sit and look at them for a while.
S has given up on the 60% tree house and is watching Dora now. I am feverish with mad-ant disease. I'm getting...antsy. No. Well, yes. I'm all silly and goofy and doing my Dora dance. Oh, God. Make this post stop.


2 comments:

  1. Fire ants do suck. I still have scars on my toes from the last vicious encounter. I was also in pain for several days. I heard recently if you put bleach on them within the first five minutes of a sting helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ouch. I sat on an anthill once...enough said. I feel your pain, girl. Just cleaning it daily and applying hydrocortisone cream will do for now. And do me a favor, don't pop anymore of those blisters. I don't want to see you in any local hospitals with a horrid staph infection. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete