Monday, November 3, 2008

24 Hours

Yes, as it turns out, Clooney's eyes do APPEAR to be different colors. They are not, in real life, different colors. Freaky, though.
So, Halloween is OVER. For another year. All of my decorations (ugh) are packed up and happily back in the attic. The boys now play dress up in their costumes, and I give them another week before they are torn or filthy.
My mom has been a big help this week. M and I spent a very relaxing 24 hours in Biloxi. I ran, sat in the steam room (I so love the steam room), dressed nicely, had drinks, a lovely dinner, and lost only $2 on the nickel slots. This is a tremendous success. M had better luck at the tables, and I think the whole weekend was a welcome break for both of us.
Plus, Northwestern pulled some magic out of their hats and gave us an unexpected win. AND you know, we were without our kids for 24 whole hours. Awesomeness.
I finished my gardening project with mom's help, too. I also cleaned out the fridge, the kitchen cabinets, and did MOUNTAINS of laundry...even going so far as to put it all away.
My kids got to eat out with their grandma, pick out toys at Target, and be spoiled rotten for a week. Nice for them.
Tomorrow, all this election hell will be over. And I hope it IS actually over tomorrow. Those Floridians better figure out how to push the buttons this time. If I have to hear about ONE dangling chad, some one is going to get hurt. Enjoy your last day of political ads. I know you'll miss them come Wednesday. You'll be sitting there, watching Oprah and eating bon bons and wonder, where is my daily dose of lying and hatred? I know. Try to think happy thoughts. About how, in some amount of time, depending on what political officer is speaking, you will get to hear how THEY, in turn failed you, and some one else is going to do the job "differently."
Buck up. In just 4 years, we get to do this again! @#(*&%(T^

No comments:

Post a Comment