Monday, November 17, 2008

A Flooring Fable

OK. Some of you have been wondering what E did to merit punishment so severe as to leave him snivelling at 5 AM. Well, to put it simply, he ran away. Once upon a time, there was a 6 year old boy who was too big for his britches. He decided he was NOT excited about bamboo flooring that his parents had generously decided to install in his room to replace the rotten and worn out carpet, stomped off, and left the house. I THOUGHT he was in the closed off guest bedroom, only to find him skulking into the house 15 minutes later.
"Where were you?" "Driveway. I'm mad that you're tearing up the carpet." "I'm sorry. I'm glad you were able to cool off."
Next thing I know, the phone is ringing. My next door neighbor asks if I have E. "Why of course, who else would have my beloved, but bamboo-grass intolerant son?" "Well, Mrs. P, I just saw him walking down the road with no shoes and no sweatshirt. I sent him home and told him to have you phone me to be sure he got there safely."
"Well thank you for this informative yet humiliating phone conversation. We must chat again soon."
(What ensues next is unfit for publication. Suffice to say, E is grounded like a drunk pilot. He is going nowhere. EVER. EVER EVER.)
So, that is the fable about the child and the bamboo flooring. Let this be a lesson for all you boys and girls out there: If you don't like the flooring choice your parents have made, shut it and deal. Otherwise, you will be NAILED TO IT.
The End

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm... we know the world has come to crisis when bamboo flooring has made a child run from home. No longer is it beating, eating vegetables at dinner, or No TV but bamboo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, ran away over bamboo floors. The boy has it good if that his biggest concern. Ahhh, to be 6 years old with absolutely no perspective. He'll be alright. And so will you. Promise. See how objective and calm I am when it's not my kid?

    ReplyDelete