Friday, November 7, 2008

Clowns and Grocery Stores

Have you ever been in a situation where you think, if I had to explain this to some one right now, they would think I'm nuts? When, in fact, everything leading up to that one moment was logical or at least reasonable right up until they converged in an explosion of weird?
Last night, M came home to find E sword fighting an imaginary clone trooper with a balloon sword. Then, S was under an overturned laundry basket with Clooney saying he was fishing. He was fishing with a balloon animal fish attached to a phallus, I mean balloon fishing rod. Then, Clooney popped half the fish and all pandamonium broke out.
So, under what circumstances does S come to be fishing with a balloon under a laundry basket?
First, we went to the grocery where there was a clown. Then, S was hiding from the sword-wielding E under the basket. Which Clooney wanted in on, naturally.
It's like one of those hallucination dreams you have that when you try to recapture verbally falls apart.
But, in any event. That was yesterday.
The Terminix guy is an hour and a half late. My mom has her tinsel in a tangle over my sister's and my holiday plans. Clooney is chasing his tail. I burned popcorn during family movie night last night and I can't get the stink out. It's going to rain today. I'm a wee bit flustered. Irked, really.
In any event, I am looking forward to the weekend. TiVo is full of things I've been too busy to watch, Northwestern is playing OSU tomorrow, and I have no plans. Phew. Three weeks to Turkey Day. Where has this year gone?
J

1 comment:

  1. I have those moments a lot. The ones that only make sense in the actual context which they are occuring. I guess that's part of raising children...and why there is such a thing as the Department of Social Services.

    ReplyDelete