Thursday, November 13, 2008

A perfectly Acceptable Day

Ok. Today was fun. First, I didn't have to drive E to school. Love that carpool. Second, my worker guys came to tear up my nasty carpet. That carpet was so threadbare. It was practically burlap stretched across padding. Plus, I am told that the previous homeowner had the carpeting steam cleaned every other month. There was no pile left! After pulling up some one else's carpet, I will never put it down again. There were pet stains that had supposedly been "cleaned" and just tons of dust poured out whenever a section of it was rolled up and lifted out. It was gross, gross, gross.
Then, I practiced my running. As I told my friend, MK this morning, I am all set if I am ever chased by an octogenarian mugger. All I am saying is, that if I hope to keep my purse and avoid a trip to the DMV to replace my driver's license, my mugger better not be able to run faster than 5.2 miles an hour for 3 miles.
Otherwise, I'm doomed.
Afterwards, I showered, wolfed down some food, and headed off for a culinary adventure. MK and I went to a company called Bayside Dinners (shameless plug) which is (apparently a term for the industry) a meal assembly place. I made three dinners for the family. Which was great. Because, hey, fun to cook with friends, and three fewer dinners to make in the next few weeks. We ate one dinner tonight, in fact. Yummers.
So, after that, I spent the afternoon with S. M came home early. We all enjoyed the very bare planks of wood upstairs and ate dinner. E was delivered home after school. Love that carpool. The martini at 5 really helped me pull through the early evening. The kids will be in bed in 20 minutes (if all goes according to plan), I will watch last week's TiVo'd CSI and be in bed by 9:30.
Perfecto.

No comments:

Post a Comment