Thursday, August 14, 2008

Coming Out


I've decided to use this forum to come out to my parents--as a new dog owner. Like a kid with a bad report card, I dread telling my folks I got a dog AGAIN. I got a dog in college, and she was wonderful. A great big warm fuzzy. Last February, she passed away. For the last year, I have been missing the little pooch. Yesterday, a dog called out to me. Hey, lady! Want a dog? And there he was a 14 week old, iddy biddy ball of caramel colored fluff. He is half shih tzu and half pekingnese. He is a PekeTzu. He will grow from his current 5 pounds to 8 or 10.

So now that my boys are or will be back in school, I have a new project.

His name is Clooney, because ALL the girls love him. I was explaining his name to to this woman at PetCo last night when I realized she is a lesbian. Oh well, I suspect even lesbians love George. Here's his first papparazzi picture. I'll be sitting at home waiting for the phone call from my parents, "YOU DID WHAT?!?"

2 comments:

  1. Love Clooney. He is an adorable fur ball. I can't wait to meet him in person. Hey we can have doggy play dates with our little guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it funny that no matter how old we get we still worry about what our parents will say about our decisions? I wonder if that ever goes away.

    ReplyDelete