Saturday, August 23, 2008

Squirrel Food

Kids are funny. I think they are funniest when they don't mean to be at all. I am not really into Stooge humor. I don't like it when S flops or crashes into things for slapstick effect. His rubber face is slightly funnier, but that's usually when he's not trying. E, of course has a totally different humor. His is verbal and he is experimenting with riddles and puns. Puns are one of the staples of my humor, so I am happy to see him fostering this style. This week, though, S dropped a couple of funnies of his very own.
First he saw an obese woman. He leans over and says "That is a BIG, FAT woman." I said, "Honey, it's not polite to talk about some one's size. It would hurt her feelings." He responds with "Then she's a LITTLE, FAT woman." Ah, yes. The concrete thinker.
This morning, he brings me a squirrel turd. He says it is a teeny tiny acorn that he saw a little squirrel drop.
I NEVER share these kinds of stories, because it seems like they're never real. These are real. Promise.
J

1 comment:

  1. That's pretty funny. My E has been watching me put out items for the yard sale all week. He came out this morning, took a look around and asked if I was going to sell him. I thought it was cute...mostly because I have considered it once or twice. :)

    ReplyDelete