Tuesday, September 16, 2008

20,000 Questions

Are those rain clouds? Is that red light for us? Is this song sad? Is today Wednesday? Can we listen to music? Can you change the music? Can I have a drink? Is today school? Is it cold out or hot? Is Pokemon scary? Can I watch it? Can I watch TV?
It's like 8 AM and I've already answered a million questions. I feel like a Jeopardy contestant. "I'd like inane shit a 3 year old asks for a hundred, Alex."
It's like the Army, only of questions "We answer more by 9 AM than most people do all day."
As I write this...
Is that a picture of me? Was I sad? Was I happy? Why is it black and white? Was I at school for that picture? Can I feed Clooney? Is it TV time?
Oh, help me God. How can life be a constant stream of questions? Wait, that was a question. It was a rhetorical device! Give me a break!
Now? Are you done yet? Is Backyardigans on?
I can't take it. It's more than I can bear. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY has this many questions.
I know. Somewhere, my mother is taking me exactly literally, and saying, that is how children learn. I KNOW. But do they have to learn from me?
I mean, apparently, my children are obedient little dream children at their schools. They don't prattle on there with a million questions all day long. Aren't they learning there?
Was that supposed to happen? Are you ready? Can I have more chocolate milk? Is the sky blue or rainy? Is Clooney allowed to chew this? Is E at school? Can I wear my pajamas?
I'm not going to make it. The room is growing darker and darker. I'm losing consciousness.
"I'll take brain numbing parenthood for a thousand, Alex."
Ready for TV? Do you like it when I blow on you? Do you like it when I hit you with this blankie?
I DO NOT KNOW.
Help, I'm in Double Jeopardy.

3 comments:

  1. What is wrong? Do you not like your kids? Do you not want to be annoyed constantly?

    I also answer a billion questions a day from both. Last night I put them in bed by 8:30pm because I just couldn't take it anymore. Then I fell asleep on the couch....J woke up this morning asking if it was tomorrow. He wanted his b'day to begin all over again. After many tears I explained his b'day is finished. So Sorry.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too many questions...Google it! ;)

    ReplyDelete