Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Grrrrinchy

Last night we took the kids to Bellingrath Gardens to see the lights. I know, pretty theme sweater-y. But, we took them last year, and they have been desperate to go again. So, we are about half way to the Gardens last night when S says he is tired and wants to go to bed. Then, when we are walking around, he is miserable. E enjoyed it, although as is typical, he blabbed the WHOLE time. I tried to explain to him that some times it is nice to enjoy things in silence, but NO.
Then there were some kids racing through the displays, running off the paths, screaming, and careening into people. But, in all the lights were beautiful, and although it was a tiny bit drizzly, there were hardly any people there, which made for a nice, leisurely stroll. I enjoyed my moment of festiveness.
I have been so busy this week. E wanted to teach his class about Hanukkah, so I made latkes and read a story on Monday, then S wanted latkes for his class, so I made some on Tuesday. Yesterday, I helped M move some stuff into his new office, too. Today, S has his Hanukkah program at school, and I am going to "help" MK bake again. Tomorrow, I plan to clean out closets. Friday, we have music class cookie exchange, E's class party to which I am bringing spaghetti and fruit salad, and oh, did I mention today is S's last day of school before the break? Next week, Monday Clooney has his last day of obedience training class, Tuesday he gets groomed, Wednesdsay we leave. And here I thought I'd be BUSY during the holidays.
By the by, Clooney crapped on my new bamboo floor yesterday. I almost fed him to the pandas.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be fair, Clooney's obedience classes are more theoretical than actual since you don't take him. See also: pooped on the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bellingrath gardens in the rain???You're such a poser: you're not a real Grinch...you're a theme-sweaterist in a grinch costume. Happy Hana-kwanz-mas. :)

    ReplyDelete