Monday, December 22, 2008

Waiting for the other shoe to drop

Happy Hanukkah, everyone!
It's cold. It's REALLY cold. My fountain froze. I froze.
Last night was one of those nights when I realized why pet ownership is a drag. First, Clooney had bladder failure on the bed. Which took out the comforter and the duvet (don't worry, it's only the coldest night of the year). Then at 4 AM, something he ate came back to visit us. The neighborhood cat, who stayed in last night because of the cold mewed at every one's door all night. True, he mostly slept with S, but apparently he got hungry around 2. Mew mew mew. I spent most of the night wondering if I would wake up to cat pooh.
Animals are icky.
Today is going to be my zen day. I am making 2 batches of one of my favorite dishes and having lunch with friends. The second batch will be for dinner with M. Perhaps there will be wine involved in my lunch :) and my dinner :) My house is clean. I cleaned thoroughly this weekend. The laundry is done. Everything is just so, if only for a day. I will enjoy the clean. M and I broke down and bought the kids light sabers for Hanukkah. They are actually playing happily (even if they are playing mortal enemies). S is "Yogi" and E is Vader and Clooney is an Ewok spectator trying to avoid the crossfire.
I find myself smiling, which is dangerous. Something horrible invariably happens when I smile.

1 comment:

  1. Huzzah for the light sabers, they help build hand/eye coordination and if all else fails Sam + Ethan can fall back on careers as Jedi Knights. So long as M doesn't turn to the Dark Side. Also, I hope the dinner and lunch went well and that Zen was had by one and all.

    ReplyDelete