Monday, January 5, 2009

Finding One's Place

Up and at 'em. Today's the day! The kids are off to school! Hooray, hooray, hooray!
Unfortunately, they aren't going without a fight. E has decided he hates school. He tells everyone how much he hates it. I find this disappointing, both because I forecast years of fighting over school, and because it's something E is truly good at. If you don't love what you're good at, then your life is bound to be unhappy.
Naturally, then, this morning, we got a primer in passive-aggression. The dawdling, whining. The totally inability to get shoes on until MK drives up for carpool. He left behind his raincoat in the end, which is going to make both his mood and his body even damper. I know and remember vividly how hard the first day after break is. So I tried to be patient, but honestly, E can try my patience like no one else.
S hasn't yet even dressed. Denial seems to be his choice this morning. Little does he know that I have NO problem dropping him off at school in pj's. That's just the kind of mom I am.
So now that the boys are back to the daily grind, and M is about to go back to school, I am left wondering what I am going to do with myself. If I were like my sister, and incredibly self motivated, I could get myself to the gym nearly every day, eat like a bird and be skinny in no time. But, alas. MK is finishing her degree, MT is working, and I need to find my thing. Right now, though, I can't even finish a thought. I am not sure what I want my thing to be. It's a mini crisis, all right. Please direct your suggestions to the comments section.

1 comment:

  1. I am not working everyday. I still have time for you. I can be available whatever day you want me. Pick one. Just not Tues or Thurs. Get out of your New Year's funk. I don't even have a resolution. Unless getting a pool and new floors count. Ha Ha.

    ReplyDelete