Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Hard to Contain

OK. It's January 7th, and thus far I have walked every day of the new year. I am 6 days into my New Year's Resolution. I just can't see how this is going to last for 358 more days. I am modifying my expectations. I have to walk every day and lose weight until April, the latter of the 2 weddings I have to go to this year. Then, all bets are off. While I have to say it'd be awesome to be one of those moms who is just rocking 40, I don't see that in my future. Don't get me wrong, I will not be headed down the road to MomJeansHell, I am just not going to be any thinner than I am now.
Alas.
A few weeks ago, on SNL was a Digital Short starring Andy Samberg and featuring Justin Timberlake, entitled Ji** in My Pants. Right now, I find that video just a hair shy of being the funniest thing I've ever seen (same cast, Di** in a Box wins). Un/Fortunately, the tune is catchy. I mean REALLY catchy. So much so, that I find myself humming the tune. Also, the video starts out predictably (given its title) with Samberg and a hot model. But rapidly transforms to a Samberg who is prematurely and unduly excited by such mundane things as an alarm clock and caller ID. But in a completely unforeseeable and extraordinarily inappropriate development, M and I have taken to adapting the tune to our own daily routine. Rather than "I open a window and a breeze blows in and I ji** in my pants," we find the "washer is done and the clothes are clean and I ji** in my pants." Or "dinner was good, and I crave dessert and I ji** in my pants."
Needless to say, we never sing at full volume, or we completely mute the offending word when young ears are around, but still. What is WRONG with us? Are we 19? Are we depraved? Are we sexually frustrated to the point of singing juvenile songs? I suppose the answers are: We wish. Yes. Probably. Heckuva past time, really. Making up scenarios in our daily routines which would be arousing to the point of premature uh, ecstasy?
My blog is posted, it's nearly 5, time for a cocktail and I ji** in my pants.
Yeah, that'll do.
Check out the video at hulu.com or nbc.com

1 comment:

  1. Oh, don't feel bad-- everybody loves that song. I mean, you don't think Emily and I are depraved, surely?

    ReplyDelete