Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Harper's Island: Home Edition

Have you seen the commercials for the new CBS series, Harper's Island? It is like an Agatha Christie movie with a voted-off-the-island Survivor quality. Every week for 13 weeks, some one gets offed.
Of course, the characters are all the good stereotypes: rich bride, up-and-coming groom, rich father of the bride disappointed with poor groom, cheating spouses, drunk uncle, mysterious and kinda sleazy groom's brother, groom's best female friend with serious history, conniving ex-fiance of the bride trying to muck everything up.
Here, the stereotypes are less Melrose-y and more cartoon dysfunction Simpson-y. Bart is experimenting with fire, Lisa is doing ballet, Homer is upstairs in bed (sick) and I just remain a humble Marge-ostrich, with my head in the sand (actually a cup o' joe). How is this going to end? I think I might build a raft, Castaway style, and sail off the island myself.
Wow. That was a lot of TV metaphor going on there. Wish us luck. I expect the bodies to start piling up.

No comments:

Post a Comment