Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Time Wounds All Heels

You know how "they" say that your brain blocks the painful memory of childbirth? That without that self-protectiveness, women would remember the trauma, and fear having more children...(that theory doesn't work for c-section by the way. I remember every agonizing second, thank you)
Well, our embargo against our children lasted an all-time short six days. We had put up a travel hiatus, saying that NEVER again would we travel with our children. After their performance in Montreal, we would not take a family trip this summer, this year, or possibly until the kids were 18.
So, we're going to New Orleans tomorrow. M has to go for a short presentation for work tomorrow, and I thought since I would be talked to death, I thought I might as well be talked to death WITH M in the car. We're going to take them to the zoo, and then Friday, we'll get some beignets and head home. I think two hours each way is a little too long to do alone in one day, anyway for M. What a pain. And Priceline.com had a deal. And...and...and. I am always making excuses for reneging on our declarations. Wimp.
Today, we're off to the museum and to lunch. Which sounds civilized, except that it's the Exploreum and we'll probably eat at McD's. Not quite the same thing.
M spent yesterday in bed with labyrinthitis. All time worst non-flu disease. Practicing on my family practice license (my dad has a license, ya know), I was able to diagnose and treat M's ailment. However, he wanted to go see a "REAL" doctor, who confirmed my initial suspicions. (Phew. What if he had otic twenty-four hour cancer or something and I had missed it?) Hope you feel better, M.

No comments:

Post a Comment