Saturday, April 18, 2009

Home AGAIN

We boogied out of town for an overnighter in New Orleans. M had a short meeting, and then we took the kids to the zoo. When asking S what his favorite animal was, he said the white tigers. When we asked him what his least favorite animal was, he said, "all the rest." E said he was "not an animal guy" and so the zoo was only "OK."
Whaaa? Since when do kids have such discerning pastimes? Since when do kids not LOVE zoos?
Had yummy dinner at Emeril's NOLA, and the kids were civilized. The waiter told us our kids were well behaved, which is a refreshing change.
But now we're home and this time I MEAN it. We are not going anywhere for a long while. I don't want to pack, unpack or do a mound of laundry. I don't want strange beds or children sleeping with us. I want home and school, and all the regular things that go into a day. And I want this Spring Break to be OVER NOW.
Today, we have TBall at 9. After that, the kids are on their own. They can do anything short of playing in the pool or traffic, but I'm checking out for the day. Is that completely irresponsible?

No comments:

Post a Comment