Sunday, April 5, 2009

Healthcare or Heat?

So, it's snowing here in Montreal. SNOW! I have decided I am going to start a public service campaign to let Canadians know that they do not need to live under these conditions. Sure, they have healthcare and proper social services and sure they pay their taxes but they also have to accept snow in April. Americans joke about the great white North, and Canadians living in igloos, and being Eskimos and whatever and yet...it is snowing...in APRIL!!
I know all my Canadian friends will give me a hard time for being a soft Cali girl, but even the Starbucks Barrista says to me this morning, "some weather, eh?" So, even the locals think it sucks.
When I look at the weather for Mobile, it seems that spring will soon be heating into summer and poor Montreal hasn't yet enjoyed its first spring of green grass.
Attention Canada:
Trade in your healthcare cards and parkas: come get a tan and an HMO!

No comments:

Post a Comment